- teaching larger class sizes than ever
- having a smaller budget than ever
- teaching multiple subjects
- already trying to implement the new ELA Common Core Standards
To add to the difficulty with the transition for mathematics, we are being asked to teach the new standards while using the same old textbooks. Yikes!
While this may be a difficult thing to do, it is not impossible!
I have created proposed pacing guides for grades 3, 4, and 5. These pacing guides identify lessons in the enVision textbook that are not Common Core Standards, and thereby can be skipped over. Additionally, the Topics (and even the individual lessons) have been arranged in an order to improve the flow of instruction, creating a coherent “story”.
See the pacing guides here.
Some questions you may have:
- Why only grades 3, 4, and 5? What about TK though 2?
- Will the report cards align with the new standards?
If you have any questions, please leave a comment!